Working to inspire others to express their creativity to bless others.

Monday, September 6, 2010

September is Here

September means Fall is just around the corner, and also with September comes a new Fall-Winter catalog. Along with new papers, stamps and accessories comes eight fresh, new colors. The papers below are three pieces from the "Olivia" paper packet.
Below are the eight new colors. My photograph doesn't do these any justice. The top row, left to right are Gypsy, Pacifica, Sunset, and Sky. Bottom row is Smoothie, Pear, Cotton Candy, and Lagoon. Close to my Heart has always been on top of the trends in color. Sunset gives you a warm, autumn feeling, but it is also a versatile color for summer. I am excited to see Cotton Candy, which is a pretty pink that I think we've been missing in our pallette. Pear is a green that blends beautifully with blue, but can also be used for Christmas with reds. I keep finding more color blends as I play with these.
One of the new stamp sets is entitled "The Present". I love the verse, which can be used on a the front of a very simple card. It can be used for a sympathy card or a thinking of you card, or even a birthday card.
Here are two cards made with "The Present". The first card uses Sunset ink. The corner makes a frame for the verse. Simple. The second card uses a piece of paper from the paper packet, "Olivia".

Go to the Close to my Heart website to see the new catalog, our give me a call and I will get you a new catalog soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment